About Touchstone Energy Cooperatives
The Touchstone Energy Cooperatives brand represents a nationwide alliance made of hundreds of consumer-owned electric cooperatives across the United States. Touchstone Energy co-ops collectively deliver power and energy solutions to more than 30 million members every day.
Electric cooperatives were established to provide electricity to rural America, and now make up the largest electric utility network in the nation. Touchstone Energy is the national brand identity for that network.
Did you know Electric Cooperatives ...
- Are located in 80% of the nation’s counties
- Are the largest electric utility network in the nation
- Total more than 900 local systems in 47 states
- Have 42 million member-owners
- Distribute power over 2.5 million miles of line
- Serve 75% of the U.S. land mass
- Own $130 billion in generation, transmission, and distribution assets
- More than 88% of all local electric co-ops offer electricity generated from renewable sources.
What Makes Our Cooperatives Different
Touchstone Energy co-ops are owned by the members they serve and are committed to providing reliable electricity at the lowest price possible. In short, co-ops “look out” for the members they serve.
Touchstone Energy co-ops provide high standards of service according to their four core values: integrity, accountability, innovation and commitment to community. Touchstone Energy co-ops consistently rank well ahead of their industry counterparts when it comes to customer satisfaction because they put people over profits.