Operation Round Up Guidelines and Application
Deadlines to apply for Operation Round Up grants are April 15, August 15 and December 15. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
Grants are decided by a five-member board elected from Verendrye Electric's Member Advisory Committee. If the grant request is not for a medical expense, the board typically likes to see requests for tangible items. Grants will not be awarded for operating budgets or for school trips or camp scholarships.
- Funds shall be disbursed in the general service area of VEC solely for charitable, education, scientific, health or safety purposes.
- Organizations must be exempt from Federal Income Taxation under s501 (a) of the Internal Revenue code of 1986 or the corresponding provision of any future Unites States Internal Revenue Code as a corporation described in s501 (c) (3) of the Code.
- No funds of the TRUST shall in any fashion be used to support any candidate for political office or for any political purpose.
- Not more than $2500 will be given annually to any family unit, group, organization, charity, or like organization. Annual individual medical expense grants will not exceed $2,500 and have a lifetime maximum of $5,000. Funding of other agencies annual operating budgets and funding of school trips or scholarships are not eligible for a grant from this trust.
- The Board will not meet less than semiannually to evaluate applications.
- One of the TRUST activities will be tied to the Annual Membership Meeting each June.
- The Board reserves the right to carry over applications to a later meeting depending on fund availability and other factors.
- The board will disperse funds equitably throughout the VEC service area as practical.
Please download or print the application. Do not fill in the application on this screen.